Saturday, February 04, 2006

The question is-----will she use her powers for good or for evil?

Certain things strike a cord in my husband. The depth of my desire to pass this test seems to be one of those things. He is doing whatever I want to do because he is so frightened that I will have a nervous breakdown and he will have to go back to eating hot dogs for dinner every night.

I'll give you a couple of examples. Last night I wanted to go to The Cantina. Him--not so much.

K: But babe, I think I really need to go to The Cantina because I'm going to have a nervous breakdown.

Off we were to The Cantina.

When we got into bed last night...

K: That 3 watt light bulb around 3 corners and down the hall is shining in my eyes.
D: So why don't you get up and turn it off?
K: I'm going to have a nervous breakdown.

Off he was to turn the light off.

K: My hands smell like fajitas still. And I washed them.
D: Maybe you need to wash them again.
K: But I'm having a nervous breakdown. Can't you get me a wipe?

Off he was to get the wipe for my hands.

It's wrong, I know, but it is so good. The last time I had this much power is when I failed the exam and he almost, almost let me name the baby.

K: I'm such a loser (while sobbing hysterically). Can we name the baby Ian?
D: (stunned and desperate to make the waterworks stop, but mortified that we could have a lifetime with at Brit-sounding baby name) Uhhhhhh, ok??????

At that moment I realized the extent of my power and that maybe even I needed to have limits. Thus no Ian, but Ethan.

I wonder if I cried if I could get a new car?

4 comments:

Marel Lecone said...

Laughing out loud!!! I absolutely love it!! Love it!

Generous to a fault, but so evil. heehee :)

Word Verification: evjszl

This confirms it . . . so evil. :)

vani said...

LMAO! This is great stuff, I will definitly be trying this at home!

amy said...

That is awesome, K. Keep crying and see whatcha get!! At least it'll be good to blog about!

missbhavens said...

Oh, that is so sick...and wrong...and yet...

SO TRUE and SO RIGHT!

Go for a 1977 Dodge Charger.

I'm so going to try that! Actually, about every 28 days it happens automatically.