Friday, February 03, 2006

I feel the need. The need for speed.

This morning when I woke up I may have mentioned to my husband that maybe all I need was a little extra energy, a pick-me-up if you will, in order to survive. I was up in the middle of the night with insomnia but I had my trusty PMBR Constitututional Law CD #5 to put me right back to sleep. I am still dead though.

I like to occasionally make reference to my potential illegal drug use to my husband as he finds it most amusing. Having gone to a California school, he has seen it all. And I am the Pollyanna of virtually all illegality (excluding driving laws--they are merely suggestions for the weak at heart). I have had the old codeine in the cough syrup, but that's the extent of my drug use. OK, then there was the valium for my pulled back muscle. Valium good. But besides that, nothing. Not even pot. I am SO boring.

D proceeded to tell me about Bob, a guy in his class who apparently slept on his desk for about 95% of the final exam. Someone told D that Bob had been so panicked about the final that he had stayed up for three days (with a little help from speed). What kind of bad luck is that? You manage to stay up for over 100 hours and you just couldn't go 90 more minutes? If that isn't the perfect anti-drug campaign. Maybe now is the time to take up caffeine again.

This is your brain. This is your brain on drugs. Any questions?

3 comments:

eyes_only4him said...

ok, I will have some codine, minus the cough syrup, and some valum too..

and I have never done drugs either..i mean street drugs..hahaha

Anonymous said...

ah, the latest trend would be adderall....

also, they say you should recreate the environment in which you studied for the exam itself.

this theory, of course, was not helpful for me, as smoking is prohibited indoors. as are open containers.

but if you are venturing towards legal vices, such as caffeine....just make sure you are juiced up as well for the big day.

Anonymous said...

I'm lovin' the Top Gun reference. :) Remember my codeine experience on your kitchen floor? I can't imagine it with cough syrup . . . I just remember on an empty stomach it's just crazy! :)