Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus

When your best friend's mother's lazy-ass-two-timing-no-good-rat-bastard-cheating-manipulating-rotten-verbally-abusive-did-I-forget-to-tell-you-for-the-first-YEAR-that-we-were-dating-that-I-have-a-wife-oops-maybe-I-should-have-brought-that-up-in-one-of-our-conversations boyfriend promises that he really is going to leave his wife but he wants to wait until January first, I would not recommend saying either of the following:

1. Has your mother developed a crank habit of which we have been unaware, and

2. What does he want? To use her one more year to get a break on the taxes?

Even the longsuffering may falter in a moment such as this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have your best friend purchase the book "He's Just Not That Into You" for her mom.

Have her mark/highlight the following chapters"

- He's just not that into you if he is cheating on you - or having sex with someone else while dating you.

- He's just not that into you if he is married to someone else.

- He's just not that into you if he does not ask you to marry him.

Sounds like common sense to me, but I am well aware men can make women believe stupid things they normally would not.

If that doesn't work - I say a singles cruise for the mom and daughter without the lame-ass bf is in order....

Jaime said...

I totally thought of taxes when you said the date. SO something my husband would do. ;)