Thursday, July 21, 2005

What the heck happened to that water bottle?

I spent a whole 10 minutes yesterday looking my 1 1/2 liter bottle of Deer Park that I had just opened and taken a few sips of. Never found it. Eventually I gave up and cracked open another.

This morning I awakened to E's gurgles and gripes on the monitor. My new policy is to wait to go get him until he actually cries like someone is pulling all his eyebrow hairs out one by one. He was fussing away but not very loud and not very committed. I let him go for about 15 minutes and then I went in to get him. There he was clutching my OPENED and now MOSTLY EMPTY water bottle. Thanks to the waterproof mattress pad, he was lying in about an 1/8 inch of water, completely soaked from head to toe and smelling slightly off.

I carried him into the bathroom and showed him to D as he was taking his shower.

K: Look at the baby.
D: He's cute.
K: Look at his outfit.
D: I know. I put it on him.
K: (frustration mounting EXPONENTIALLY) FEEL his outfit.
D: He's wet?
K: Didn't you happen to notice the huge ass water bottle in the crib when you put him in last night?
D: Uh, no.

Once again I have divine intervention to thank--this time for my child who didn't drown in the pool of water known as his crib.

Swim on, Toofus.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is SO NOT funny. [as I laugh through my covered mouth] I am only remembering when I left the Vick's nearby or when I left a little Easter basket for Faith to play with when she woke up. Problem--she got her head and her leg in the basket handle. So, her leg was up near her head and she was stuck [imagine, in the basket]. [laughing as I type] Thank God she is a pretty good-natured kid.

You're doing great. Talk to you later.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Oops!
:)

momma of 2 said...

Don't leave vasoline anywhere near their grubby little hands...it can take weeks to get it out of their hair, off the bathroom mirror, tub, sink, toilet...everything gets a little (okay A LOT) slippery! etc...not that I would know from personal experience or anything... oh wait - maybe I do.

Katya Coldheart said...

i shouldn't be laughing but i am, it sounds so funny...men don't notice much so its not that big a surprise...

:0)

Robin said...

Yikes!

eyes_only4him said...

oh no...how the heck did a baby open it?...he must be super baby..lol

all kidding aside...that could of turned out bad..Thank God he just got all wet:)

Kristen said...

Marelle--if it isn't one thing, it's another

Stacy--yep

Mommaof2-no vasoline, check!

Amy--I may have put it there the day before by accident???

Katya--at least men are consistent, right?

blue/christina/robin--before you get really concerned about my ability to parent, I may have used some creative license on the amount of water in the crib--I come from a long line of exaggerators--we feel it makes for a better story LOL

MB--glad to make you laugh

DBFrank said...

Ah, boy do I recall THEM days.
Thanks for linking me up! :)