Monday, June 20, 2005

Addicted to MXC

I'll admit it. I'm not ashamed. I watch SpikeTV. The common man's answer to the Lifetime Channel for women. SpikeTV is full idiotic programming designed to wheel men in. And the sleeper hit MXC has got me hooked.

It's a little like Mystery Science Theater 3000, except it is blatently mocking Japanese game show contestants (with lots of sex and potty humor in voice-over English) as they perform "grueling, ridiculous and hilarious stunts, all in the name of what they call 'fun' and we call humiliation." During these stunts, people rack all parts of their bodies and you just have to laugh. It ain't right but it sure as hell appeals to the secret desire to laugh at another's calamity.

My mother would be appalled.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's Kristen? And what have you done with her? This is something that I just ain't gonna believe.::))

Anonymous said...

About a month ago, my current roommate, Adam (Kristen's replacement since she left me to get married) asked me if he should be concerned that I watch more Spike TV (the channel for men - and one of my favorites) than he does.

I told him as long as he does not start watching movies on the Lifetime channel he'd be fine.

eyes_only4him said...

spike tv huh?...I think you need to be comitted..yup...for sure..lol

Kristen said...

Marelle, in my defense I mock others from the privacy of my own living room.

Cath, I knew I could count on you to be a closet Spike TV watcher.

Christina, there are so many things for which I should be committed, but I'll put this on the list.