Wednesday, April 27, 2005

You know you are a bad dog owner when ...

There was a little incident with Zinni yesterday for which I am probably going to Dog Owner's Hell.

We had to take an unexpected 1 1/2 hour car ride yesterday and in order for ALL of us to go, we had to take the sedan. Derek wasn't giving his seat up beside the baby and Ethan was in the middle of the seat. The other side of the car seat is very small.

You got it. Zinni got to sit in the front seat beside me.

So he is moaning and groaning and turning around and around to get comfortable. The day was a gorgeous 70 degrees and grant it, he was in the sun but it wasn't so bad, even for a black dog. All the while I am CHEWING his ass out because I will not be mouthed off to by a DOG, for God's sake.

Derek was laughing in the back seat, and I was getting more and more bitter. He was probably right. I should have gotten the Volvo station wagon and then Zinni could have had his own spot. I just couldn't do it. To me, getting a station wagon would be the equivalent to sending up the white flag.

In his squirming, Zinni pushed the button that released the headrests in the back seat.

BAM!! Poor Derek.

In my ranting, I looked down and there it was highlighted. Zinni's seat warmer was on High.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn the technology! Now, that would not have happened in your mom's car!

Just yesterday, I was explaining to some teenagers in my car--"This is what you do when you want the windows down. Go ahead. Roll it down. You got it. Did you make sure that the door is locked? Yeah, no power here!"

About those seat warmers--do they come with warning labels??::))

Kristen said...

girl, you need seat warmers. and power windows, for heaven's sake. we're too old to be overextending ourselves.