Saturday, September 10, 2005

Back by popular demand

I posted the vacation pictures at the photo blog. The vacation was fabulous and my child was his usual entertaining self. I tried to steal someone else's wireless service, but the city was a ghost town. I didn't even have dial-up.

To my son, could you have possibly have smiled in a least one of my photos? What made you wait until I sent your photo to a modeling agent to decide that you didn't want to smile to a camera anymore?

To the woman who walked up to ask me about my sleeping son, thanks for sharing that you were never able to get your kids to sleep on the beach. And thanks for using that loud voice that accomplished your goal of ensuring that I too could not have my kid sleep on the beach. Don't feel bad though. Just because it was the first nap he had taken in 5 days and you woke him up. It's OK, really. Be thankful I don't know where you live.

To the two ladies who graciously agreed to help to get the baby to smile when I was trying to manipulate the reflection disk, make E smile and then take his picture, I will forever be greatful for your help. As you sang and danced and laughed, you made it all worth while. Even though he waited to smile until you both walked away laughing, your kindness will always be remembered as a treasured moment in our lives.

To the Russian working at the funnel cake stand, thanks for flirting with me. I know you were hoping you would get a green card out of it, but I am taken. I noticed that you were over it about an hour later as you flirted with a girl MUCH closer to your age.

To the crusty old man operating the Carousel, thanks for given me and E the only smile you offered for the evening. We knew we could break you.

To my son, you make your Marmie proud by firmly deciding that you wanted to go into the waves and you didn't stop yelling until someone took you into the water. We are very sorry that you haven't learned how to body surf yet but you still have a couple of years.

To my son, after days of the scootch/crawl debate, you decided to just get from point A to point B at the speed of light, whatever the hell we wanted to call it. And way to go for learning to pull yourself up to standing beside the couch. You did make me ill with the up/down/up/down/up/down a million times but I guess that's the way it goes.

To the guy in the arcade, I'm sure I'm not the only mother with a small infant in her backpack who has put too many quarters into Time Crisis III at 10:30 p.m. at night. And yes, I am a very good shot and thank you very much.

To my husband, you made a great sand castle and a great Bloody Mary. Or so the rumor goes...

7 comments:

momma of 2 said...

you have the most beautiful son... the beach looks relaxing - was it tasty too? Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Oh, gosh, didn't you try any of the Bloody Mary's? See, you are the best mom! :)

PBS said...

Sounds like a great time at the beach. Cute pictures too!

saurav said...

nice pictures....glad u r back...

eyes_only4him said...

i have been missing you..was gonna call the cia...but remeber you work for the governement and they were the ones who prolly had u hid..

Kristen said...

momma--thanks for the kind words about my baby--we're keeping him

Marelle--I'm not a bloody mary fan

JP--I can barely find time for this blog. LOL. I don't know what's up with Derek's blog--he said he is like you and is frightened to really say what he thinks because of all the wack jobs out there. I think he'll have something on Katrina soon.

PBS--we had a great time. thanks

avik--thanks. I am glad to be back

Christina--the cia wouldn't care where I was. LOL.

Jaime said...

Re: the woman who can't get her kids to sleep on the beach... where is that little plastic shovel when you need it? You definitely should've stolen it from D's evil 5th cousin twice removed. :)